Friday, August 25, 2006

Orbit-uary

I don't know if you remember the moment when you found out that there wasn't really a Santa Claus. Or that there was no Easter Bunny laying delicious chocolate eggs outside your front door. Or that the Tooth Fairy was just your mom. Or that Milli Vanilli were just a couple of pretty-boy, no-talent charlatans. These are the kind of shocking revelations that shake us to our very core and make us question everything we've ever known.

And that, my friends, that is how I feel about Pluto's planetary status being revoked. It hurts my heart.

I feel like that was one of the basic things we were taught as kids -- there are 26 letters in the alphabet, 2 + 2 = 4, the capital of Rhode Island is Providence, "i" comes before "e" except after "c," and Pluto is the smallest, coldest, cutest planet of the 9 planets in our solar system. Now I'm like, "What? 2 + 2 = Texas? HUH? The capital of Rhode Island is butterscotch pudding?! 'I' comes before 'e' except after 3.1415? Whaaaaa?" Nothing makes sense anymore. I mean, I don't know that much, but now I'm not even sure I know what I know.

I just think it's sad that a bunch of bully scientists decided to gang up on Pluto all of a sudden. What did Pluto ever do to THEM? Meanies.

(Illustration of Pluto being kicked out of the solar system):



I know, I know. That was SO lame. But I couldn't resist. Heh.

No comments: