Friday, March 30, 2007

Fecking kids

The hills approximately point five miles from my apartment building have been ablaze most of the day. I work about 20 miles from there (YAH, my commute is laaaaaame), and I can see the huge plume of smoke from my window here on the 10th floor. Twenty miles away, people! See, look:

Apparently a couple of wayward teenagers turned themselves in to authorities in connection with the fire. I hope Officer McGruff, Smokey the Bear and... Hootie the Owl, or someone, seriously rough those kids up in the interrogation room back at the station. Wait, is Hootie the one with "give a hoot, don't pollute"? Or is he the one with the Tootsie Pop addiction? Whatever, send 'em all in there for some hard-core vigilante woodland creature-style justice. Fecking teenage feckfaces.

Defamer's coverage here.

LA Times coverage here if you're into, like, legit news sources.

Fox News coverage, if you want to hear how Al-Qaeda is a likely suspect. (Totally, totally kidding.) (Actually, they're claiming Barack Obama is responsible. HA! Got you again.)

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I believe you may have been thinking of Woodsy the Owl.

I was at the Griffith Park Observatory that day and was all, "Uhhhh... is this the apocalypse?" I got some kooky photos of it as the billowing smoke loomed closer and closer.